Hatch Back Mac and Cheese 0
A smoked Mac and Cheese with roasted Hatch Chilis, sure to spice up your next cookout!
16 oz. Macaroni Pasta
3 tbsp. Chipotle Olive Oil, divided
8 tbsp. butter
1/2 cup Flour
2 cups Milk
1 cup Creme Fraiche
1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
2 cups shredded Gouda cheese
1 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
4 roasted Hatch Chili Peppers, diced
salt and pepper to taste
Directions:1. Prepare pasta according to directions on box. Drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil.
2. Set your EGG to 350 degrees, convEGGtor in place.
3. Melt butter in a saucepan, whisk in flour until a paste forms. Whisk in milk, creme fraiche, and nutmeg until smooth. Whisk in cheeses until completely melted. Add 1 tsp. paprika, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat.
4. Add pasta and Hatch chilis to cheese mixture. Toss together.
5. Add pasta to your Dutch oven.
6. In a separate bowl, mix the remaining olive oil, 1/2 tsp. paprika, and breadcrumbs. Sprinkle over pasta.
7. Bake in the EGG for 25 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
8. Top with a little chili powder, and ENJOY!
Cherry Vanilla Maple Shrub 0
This shrub will leave you feeling summertime fine.
2 cups maraschino cherries
1/2 vanilla bean
1/2 cup Maple Butter Spread
1/2 cup Italian Lambrusco Red Wine Vinegar
1 tbsp. Vanilla Balsamic Vinegar
Directions:1. Place the cherries in a large bowl.
2. Add the vanilla bean and Maple Butter Spread
3. Using a blunt object, mash the cherries and vanilla bean to a pulp.
4. Cover and let the mixture sit for 24 to 48 hours.
5. Strain the mixture, squeezing all the liquid out of the cherries.
6. Discard the pulp and pour your syrup into a jar or bottle.
7. Fill a glass with ice.
8. Pour 2 tablespoons of shrub syrup over ice and top with sparkling water, or add a splash of your favorite liquor for an all natural cocktail!
Strawberry Wine Shrub 0
For all of those wine-o's at heart.
1 lb. fresh strawberries
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 cup Italian Lambrusco Red Wine Vinegar
1 tbsp. 25 Star Balsamic Vinegar
Directions:1. Mix sugar and water in medium saucepan over low heat until sugar is completely dissolved.
2. Slice your strawberries thinly, then add them to the saucepan and bring to a low simmer.
3. Let the mixture simmer until the syrup is the color of the fruit and the strawberries look tired.
4. Add the Italian Lambrusco Red Wine Vinegar and the 25 Star Balsamic Vinegar. Whisk to combine, then return to a simmer.
5. Remove the saucepan from the heat and strain the fruit from the syrup.
6. Pour the syrup into a bottle or jar and store in the fridge.
7. Fill a glass with ice and pour your shrub syrup over the ice, then top it with sparkling water, stirring slightly to combine, or add a shot of your favorite liquor for an all-natural cocktail!
Chrissy's Fantastic Fritters 0
These lemon and blueberry fritters make the perfect addition to any get together!
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. Fleur de Sel sea salt
4 1/2 tbsp. Meyer Lemon infused olive oil
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 (5.3 oz.) containers of Blueberry greek yogurt
1 cup fresh (or frozen) blueberries
Ingredients for Glaze:
2 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
2 tsp. blueberry jam or blueberry infused balsamic vinegar
Directions:1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 24 count mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, making powder, and salt.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, egg, vanilla extract, and the yogurt. Add the yogurt mixture to the flour mixture and stir until combined. Fold in the blueberries.
4. Scoop batter evenly into prepared muffin pan, filling each cup until almost full. Bake for 15 minutes or until they just start to turn brown on top.
5. Remove the fritters from the oven and turn the broiler on HIGH. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and transfer the fritters to the baking sheet.
6. In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, and blueberry jam until smooth.
7. One fritter at a time, dip the top into the glaze and sit it upright back on the baking sheet.
8.Once all fritters have been dipped, place them back in the oven and let broil for 3-4 minutes. Once the fritters start to brown, remove them from the oven.
9. Brush remaining glaze over the top of the fritters and let them cool for 15 minutes.
10. Serve with your favorite cup of coffee and ENJOY!
Smokedelic Chili Baby! 0
A mouth-watering, smoked chili the whole family will love.
2 lbs. ground beef
3- 14.5 oz. cans of diced tomatoes
1- 15.5 can of dark kidney beans
1- 16oz. can of pinto beans
1 large white onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
3 roasted red chilis, diced
1 tsp. Fleur de Sel sea salt
3/4 cups Italian Lambrusco Red Wine Vinegar
3 cloves Chipotle marinated garlic, diced
1 tbs. Garlic infused olive oil
4 tbs. Blackened Seasoning
2-3 Hickory smoking chunks
Directions:1. Fire up your Big Green Egg to 250 degrees.
2. Once your Egg has reached 250 degrees, add your hickory smoking chunks and place your convEGGtor inside.
3. Once your grill has reached 250 degrees with the convEGGtor in place, place your Dutch oven on your cooking grate.
4. Add your garlic olive oil and onions to the dutch oven. Saute for 2-3 minutes, then add your bell peppers, roasted chilis, and your garlic cloves.
5. Once the vegetables are soft, add salt and pepper to taste, then bring to a simmer.
6. Add your Lambrusco vinegar, pinto beans, kidney beans, and diced tomatoes. Stir until combined.
7. Knead the ground beef and blackened seasoning together, then roll into a large ball.
8. Place a perforated cooking grid on top of your dutch oven, then place your meatball in the center of your perforated cooking grid.
9. Smoke at 250 degrees for about 3 hours, or until the meatball reaches 140 degrees internally.
10. Remove the meatball and perforated cooking grid. Chop your meatball into small chunks, then add it to your dutch oven. Stir until combined.
11. Smoke for an additional hour, stirring occasionally.
12. Top your chili with shredded cheese or chives, serve, and ENJOY!
Easy Peasy Cheesy Straws! 0
A quick and easy addition to any meal!
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 and 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions:1. Heat your EGG to 350 degrees, convEGGtor in place.
2. In a large bowl, beat your butter with a hand mixer until light and fluffy.
3. Gradually add the shredded cheese and beat until blended.
4. In a separate bowl, sift the flour, salt, and cayenne pepper together.
5. Gradually add the flour mixture to the cheese mixture until a dough forms.
6. Lightly grease a baking sheet. Set aside.
7. Roll out your dough, and then cut it into strips. If you have a pastry bag, you can use that and pipe your cheese straws directly onto your baking sheet.
8. Place your strips about one inch apart on your baking sheet.
9. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until the strips are lightly browned.
10. Let your strips rest for about 5 minutes before removing them from your baking sheet.
11. Mix up a dip, or throw them on a plate alongside some burgers and ENJOY!