Easy, Braisey, Beautiful! 0
This Braised Pork Butt is too good to be true!
1 pork butt (4-5 pounds)
3-4 large baking potatoes (peeled and chunked)
2 cups baby carrots
3 tbsp. Tuscan Herb infused olive oil
1 large yellow onion (peeled and cut into chunks)
3 cloves Riesling Marinated Garlic (diced)
2 tbsp. Spicy BBQ Rub
1 bottle of Beer
2 cups water
1/2 cup Garlic infused Balsamic Vinegar
Fleur De Sel Salt (to taste)
Italian Cracked Black Pepper Blend (to taste)
1. Preheat your Big Green Egg to 300 degrees, ConvEGGtor in place.
2. Whisk your water and Garlic infused balsamic vinegar together in a saucepan over medium heat until just starting to boil.
3. Season your pork butt on all sides with the Fleur De Sel salt and Italian Cracked Black Pepper Blend.
4. On your stove top, heat your Dutch oven to medium-high heat.
5. Add the Tuscan Herb infused olive oil and the pork butt. Turn the pork butt every 3-5 minutes, browning it on all sides.
6. Remove the browned pork butt from the Dutch oven and sit aside.
7. Add the Riesling Marinated Garlic, Spicy BBQ Rub, and a pinch of salt and cook until the onions have softened.
8. Add the beer and deglaze the pan.
9. Place the pork butt back in the Dutch oven with the chunked potatoes and baby carrots, along with the Garlic balsamic and water mixture.
10. Place the top on the Dutch oven and put it in the Big Green Egg.
11. Braise the pork butt until tender, about 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
12. Remove the Dutch oven from the Egg, serve and ENJOY!
Mama Mia! 0
A quick and easy Margarita Pizza!
1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. Fleur De Sel sea salt
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp. Garlic infused olive oil
1 cup crushed tomatoes
2-3 cloves Riesling Marinated Garlic, minced
1 1/2 tsp. Basil infused olive oil
2-3 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
7 oz. sliced fresh mozzarella cheese
2-3 tbsp. Sassy Italian Bread Dipper
2 tbsp. cornmeal
1. Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
2. Stir in the milk and the Garlic infused olive oil until a dough forms.
3. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead 10 times. Shape the dough into a ball and let it rest for 10 minutes.
4. Preheat your oven and pizza stone to 550 degrees.
5. In a medium bowl, mix the tomatoes, minced garlic, 1 teaspoon of the Basil infused olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
6. Sprinkle an aluminum pizza peel with the cornmeal. Gently roll your dough into a 10 to 12 inch circle and transfer to the pizza peel.
7. Brush the dough with the remaining Basil infused olive oil. Using a large spoon, add the tomato mixture to the top of your dough, leaving about a 1/2 inch boarder around the edge.
8. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of parmesan cheese over the tomato mixture, then evenly lay out your mozzarella slices. Sprinkle the top with the Sassy Italian Bread Dipper.
9. Gently slide the pizza from the pizza peel onto the baking stone.
10. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes, or until cheese is melted and the edges are golden brown.
11. Remove the pizza from the oven and transfer to a cutting board. An additional drizzle of Basil infused olive oil can be added if so desired.
12. Sprinkle with additional parmesan cheese, slice, and ENJOY!
This recipe can also be made on the Big Green Egg! Just don't forget your ConvEGGtor!
Vacay In May! 0
A light Coconut and Lime cake sure to bring the vacation out of anyone!
1 cup milk
5 1/2 tbsp. Coconut Balsamic Vinegar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/3 cup Persian Lime Olive Oil
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup flour
2 tbsp. ground almonds
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 Fleur De Sel
12 oz. white chocolate chips
1/2 pint heavy whipping cream
1 tbsp. unsalted butter
1. Preheat your oven 350 degrees.
2. Mix the milk and 1 1/2 tbsp. of the Coconut balsamic vinegar. Set aside for 5 minutes, then whisk in the Persian Lime olive oil, vanilla, and sugar. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, ground almonds, baking soda and powder, and the Flour De Sel sea salt.
3. Make a well in the dry mixture and pour in the wet mixture. Stir well to combine. (May be slightly lumpy)
4. Lightly grease a cake pan and pour in batter. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
5. Boil water in a double boiler and combine the chocolate chips and the heavy whipping cream in the top bowl. Melt until smooth.
6. Remove the bowl from the water and add the remaining Coconut Balsamic vinegar and the butter. Stir until creamy and allow to cool.
7. Drizzle the glaze over the top of the cooled cake, sprinkle with shredded coconut, and ENJOY!
This recipe can also be made on the Big Green Egg!
Chrissy's Fantastic Fritters 0
These lemon and blueberry fritters make the perfect addition to any get together!
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. Fleur de Sel sea salt
4 1/2 tbsp. Meyer Lemon infused olive oil
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 (5.3 oz.) containers of Blueberry greek yogurt
1 cup fresh (or frozen) blueberries
Ingredients for Glaze:
2 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
2 tsp. blueberry jam or blueberry infused balsamic vinegar
Directions:1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 24 count mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, making powder, and salt.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, egg, vanilla extract, and the yogurt. Add the yogurt mixture to the flour mixture and stir until combined. Fold in the blueberries.
4. Scoop batter evenly into prepared muffin pan, filling each cup until almost full. Bake for 15 minutes or until they just start to turn brown on top.
5. Remove the fritters from the oven and turn the broiler on HIGH. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and transfer the fritters to the baking sheet.
6. In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, and blueberry jam until smooth.
7. One fritter at a time, dip the top into the glaze and sit it upright back on the baking sheet.
8.Once all fritters have been dipped, place them back in the oven and let broil for 3-4 minutes. Once the fritters start to brown, remove them from the oven.
9. Brush remaining glaze over the top of the fritters and let them cool for 15 minutes.
10. Serve with your favorite cup of coffee and ENJOY!
Smokedelic Chili Baby! 0
A mouth-watering, smoked chili the whole family will love.
2 lbs. ground beef
3- 14.5 oz. cans of diced tomatoes
1- 15.5 can of dark kidney beans
1- 16oz. can of pinto beans
1 large white onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
3 roasted red chilis, diced
1 tsp. Fleur de Sel sea salt
3/4 cups Italian Lambrusco Red Wine Vinegar
3 cloves Chipotle marinated garlic, diced
1 tbs. Garlic infused olive oil
4 tbs. Blackened Seasoning
2-3 Hickory smoking chunks
Directions:1. Fire up your Big Green Egg to 250 degrees.
2. Once your Egg has reached 250 degrees, add your hickory smoking chunks and place your convEGGtor inside.
3. Once your grill has reached 250 degrees with the convEGGtor in place, place your Dutch oven on your cooking grate.
4. Add your garlic olive oil and onions to the dutch oven. Saute for 2-3 minutes, then add your bell peppers, roasted chilis, and your garlic cloves.
5. Once the vegetables are soft, add salt and pepper to taste, then bring to a simmer.
6. Add your Lambrusco vinegar, pinto beans, kidney beans, and diced tomatoes. Stir until combined.
7. Knead the ground beef and blackened seasoning together, then roll into a large ball.
8. Place a perforated cooking grid on top of your dutch oven, then place your meatball in the center of your perforated cooking grid.
9. Smoke at 250 degrees for about 3 hours, or until the meatball reaches 140 degrees internally.
10. Remove the meatball and perforated cooking grid. Chop your meatball into small chunks, then add it to your dutch oven. Stir until combined.
11. Smoke for an additional hour, stirring occasionally.
12. Top your chili with shredded cheese or chives, serve, and ENJOY!
It's Party Time 0
Super Bowl 51 kicks off Sunday night in Houston, TX. Are you hosting a party this year? We've got everything you need to start your party prepping and planning. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
Our oils and vinegars are the perfect ingredients or finishing touches to take your Super Bowl snacks from good to great.
Slow Cooker Smokey Italian Pulled Pork Sliders
1. Heat up slow cooker on lowest setting. Season pork tenderloin with salt and pepper, on all sides. Place in the slow cooker.
2. Drizzle EVOO and vinegar over pork tenderloin.
3. Cook on low for 4 hours. Check every 30 minutes and turn over, so that all sides are covered with oil and vinegar.
4. At 4 hours, remove pork from slow cooker, and shred or "pull" with a fork. Serve on buns with desired condiments and sides.
Spinach and Caramelized Onion Dip
(adapted from Real Simple)
2 medium onions, chopped
Fleur de Sel salt and pepper
2 cups sour cream
1 package (10-ounce) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess liquid
1 tablespoon Jalapeño White Balsamic Vinegar
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until golden brown, about 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl, and let cool.
2. Add sour cream, spinach, vinegar, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to the onions and stir until combined.
3. Serve with fresh veggies and crackers.
Kickin' Chicken Nachos
2 cloves garlic, crushed
6 green onions, thinly sliced (green and white parts separated)
3 tablespoons Jalapeno EVOO
1 whole cooked chicken breast, shredded
Chile Lime Margarita Salt
1 cup salsa
1/2 large bag of tortilla chips
1 (8 ounce) package shredded cheddar/Monterey jack cheese blend
1/2 large tomato, diced
Garlic Cilantro Balsamic Vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add EVOO and allow to heat. Add garlic and white parts of the green onions and cook until tender. Add shredded chicken, salt, and pepper. Stir to mix until coated with oil. Stir in salsa.
3. Arrange tortilla chips on a baking sheet. Spoon chicken mixture over chips. Top with shredded cheese and tomato. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with green parts of sliced green onions and drizzle with vinegar.
-- Drizzle hummus with Meyer Lemon EVOO and serve with fresh veggies, crackers, and pita chips.
-- Add our Serrano Chili Honey Vinegar to your hot wings recipe
-- Make a pot of chili with our River Road Chili Mix and garnish with our Crimson Hot Sauce from Bravado Spice Company.
-- Serve Mom's Veggie Dip with your hot wings.
-- Try our dessert cheeseball mixes with fresh fruit, gingersnaps, vanilla wafers, and graham crackers.
We can help you plan a spectacular Super Bowl spread. Come down to the shop today.