Mama Mia! 0
A quick and easy Margarita Pizza!
1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. Fleur De Sel sea salt
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp. Garlic infused olive oil
1 cup crushed tomatoes
2-3 cloves Riesling Marinated Garlic, minced
1 1/2 tsp. Basil infused olive oil
2-3 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
7 oz. sliced fresh mozzarella cheese
2-3 tbsp. Sassy Italian Bread Dipper
2 tbsp. cornmeal
1. Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
2. Stir in the milk and the Garlic infused olive oil until a dough forms.
3. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead 10 times. Shape the dough into a ball and let it rest for 10 minutes.
4. Preheat your oven and pizza stone to 550 degrees.
5. In a medium bowl, mix the tomatoes, minced garlic, 1 teaspoon of the Basil infused olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
6. Sprinkle an aluminum pizza peel with the cornmeal. Gently roll your dough into a 10 to 12 inch circle and transfer to the pizza peel.
7. Brush the dough with the remaining Basil infused olive oil. Using a large spoon, add the tomato mixture to the top of your dough, leaving about a 1/2 inch boarder around the edge.
8. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of parmesan cheese over the tomato mixture, then evenly lay out your mozzarella slices. Sprinkle the top with the Sassy Italian Bread Dipper.
9. Gently slide the pizza from the pizza peel onto the baking stone.
10. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes, or until cheese is melted and the edges are golden brown.
11. Remove the pizza from the oven and transfer to a cutting board. An additional drizzle of Basil infused olive oil can be added if so desired.
12. Sprinkle with additional parmesan cheese, slice, and ENJOY!
This recipe can also be made on the Big Green Egg! Just don't forget your ConvEGGtor!
Going, Going, Gone 0
As we move into 2017, we're discounting Fall Flavors to make way for everything the new year has to bring. While supplies last, all things pumpkin are 50% off. This includes:
-- Pumpkin Pie Spice White and Dark Balsamic Vinegars: These are both perfect for drizzling over roasted sweet potatoes or roasted butternut or acorn squash. They also taste great poured over ice cream. One of our regular customers adds a tablespoon to her pancake batter. Pairs well with Cinnamon Infused EVOO, Butter Infused EVOO.
-- Pumpkin Cheesecake Dessert Mix: Add softened cream cheese to make a delicious cheeseball to serve with gingersnaps, vanilla wafers, graham crackers, or fruit. Or, for a real treat, add softened cream cheese and Cool Whip to make a pie filling.
We're also discontinuing 500 ml bottles of our oils and vinegars. However, we have a few bottles left, which are discounted 20%, while supplies last. We have the following available:
-- Maple Dark Balsamic Vinegar: Drizzle a little over pancakes or waffles, or add some to the batter. Also makes a great glaze for pork or bacon. Pairs well with: Blood Orange EVOO, Chipotle EVOO, Cinnamon Infused EVOO, Butter Infused EVOO, Basil EVOO, and Meyer Lemon EVOO.
-- Espresso Dark Balsamic Vinegar: Use as a marinade for steak, chicken, or pork chops. Drizzle over finished steaks before serving. Also adds flavor to stews. Pairs well with Blood Orange EVOO, Chipotle EVOO, Garlic EVOO, Meyer Lemon EVOO, and Tuscan Herb EVOO.
-- Lavender Dark Balsamic Vinegar: Makes a delicious marinade for chicken. Also great for roasting new potatoes or using in vinaigrettes. Pairs well with Herbs de Provence EVOO, Persian Lime EVOO, Basil EVOO, Blood Orange EVOO, Tuscan Herb EVOO, and Meyer Lemon EVOO.
-- Vanilla Dark Balsamic Vinegar: Delicious drizzled over berries, brownies, ice cream, or all three together! Makes an incredible vinaigrette with Blood Orange EVOO. Also pairs well with: Chipotle EVOO, Butter Infused EVOO, Meyer Lemon EVOO, and Persian Lime EVOO.
-- Lemongrass Mint Dark Balsamic Vinegar: Brings an enticing Thai flavor to any dish, and also enhances Asian dishes. Perfect for dressing cold noodles, salads or in a dipping sauce for spring rolls, lettuce wraps, etc. Pairs well with Basil EVOO, Persian Lime EVOO, Chipotle EVOO, Basil Lemongrass EVOO, and Meyer Lemon EVOO.
-- Cinnamon Infused EVOO: Absolutely wonderful for baking muffins or quick breads. Also a great addition to pancake or waffle batter. Use for roasting sweet potatoes, yams, butternut squash, or acorn squash. Pairs well with Pear White Balsamic Vinegar, Maple Dark Balsamic Vinegar, Pumpkin Pie Spice Dark or White Balsamic Vinegar, Vanilla Dark Balsamic Vinegar, or Pecan Praline Dark Balsamic Vinegar.
- Lisa Emmert
- Tags: Basil EVOO Blood Orange EVOO Butter Infused EVOO Chipotle EVOO Cinnamon Infused EVOO Espresso Dark Balsamic Vinegar Garlic EVOO Herbes de Provence EVOO Lavender Dark Balsamic Vinegar Lemongrass Mint Dark Balsamic Vinegar Maple Dark Balsamic Vinegar Meyer Lemon EVOO Mocha Almond Fudge Dark Balsamic Pear White Balsamic Vinegar Pecan Praline Dark Balsamic Vinegar Persian Lime EVOO pumpkin cheesecake dessert mix Pumpkin Pie Spice Balsamic Vinegar Pumpkin Pie Spice White Balsamic Vinegar Tuscan herb EVOO Vanilla Dark Balsamic Vinegar
Flavors of the Week, 1/2/17 2
We're starting off 2017 with a BANG! We featured some incredible flavors this week. Run, don't walk, downtown to the shop and try out these tasty delights!
-- Lavender and Basil: So fresh and light, yet full of flavor! Basil EVOO and Lavender Dark Balsamic Vinegar are a match made in EvilO heaven. This combo will take salads, roasted veggies, and chicken to the next level.
-- Spicy Garlic: This combination of Garlic EVOO and Jalapeño White Balsamic Vinegar is perfect for anything you want to throw on the grill. Individually, this jalapeño vinegar tastes incredible drizzled on tacos, pico, guacamole, salsa, and fajitas.
-- Tuscan Peach: My favorite pairing this week brings together Tuscan Herb EVOO and Peach White Balsamic Vinegar. This tastes simply divine. Perfect for bread dipping, salads, veggies, chicken, pork, you name it. This is a must-taste pairing.
-- Citrus Dipper: We poured our Tres Oliva EVOO from Spain and sprinkled it with the Mediterranean Citrus Herb Bread Dipper. It makes a yummy and flavorful appetizer or snack.
-- Cheeburger Cheeburger Soup: In the crockpot, we are featuring this cheesy take on the All-American dish. It is perfect for these rainy days we've experienced lately.
-- White Chocolate Peppermint Pie: We often sample our White Chocolate Peppermint Cheeseball, but this week we made it into a pie. Game. Changer. Mix thawed Cool Whip, softened cream cheese, and this mix for a delicious filling. Next, pour it into a chocolate graham cracker crust. So easy, so delicious.
Here's to a great 2017. Let us know which oil or vinegar is your favorite for the new year
Flavors of the Week 10/10/12 0
As temperatures continue to cool outside, we’re bringing the heat at EvilO. This week we feature our Jalapeño White Balsamic Vinegar in 2 of our pairings. The jalapeño balsamic adds the natural sweetness of the vinegar to make this flavor extra special. We hope you love them as much as we do. Stop by the shop this week, and try them out.
Smoke and Fire: We’ve paired our Smokey Hickory EVOO and Jalapeño White Balsamic Vinegar for a smokey and spicy treat. This will taste great with anything you smoke or throw on the grill. A perfect addition to your weekend tailgating. For this weekend’s Octoberfest celebration, try this take on German potato salad.
Kicked Up German Potato Salad
(adapted from Five Heart Home)
2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch slices
12 ounces bacon, cut into 1” pieces
2 tablespoons Smokey Hickory EVOO
1/3 cup Jalapeno White Balsamic Vinegar
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Toss potatoes with EVOO. Spread on baking sheet in a single layer, and roast for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
2. In a large pot over medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy. Remove bacon with slotted spoon, leaving bacon grease in the pot.
3. Remove pot from heat and slowly add vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt, and pepper to the bacon grease. Stir to combine. Return pot to heat and bring to a simmer. Simmer for a couple minutes, then add garlic. Cook garlic for 1 minute.
4. Remove pot from heat and add roasted potatoes. Gently stir until all of the liquid is absorbed. Add bacon and parsley and gently stir until combined.
5. Transfer to serving dish and serve warm.
Tuscan Fig: Our best-selling Tuscan Herb EVOO is the perfect match for our Fig Dark Balsamic Vinegar. These 2 flavors complement each other, and will taste great for simply dipping bread, but will also make a great marinade. With bread dipping in mind, we suggest this recipe for a unique savory biscotti.
Tuscan Herb Biscotti
(adapted from A Family Feast)
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup fine corn meal
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
2 teaspoons freshly cracked black pepper
2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 large eggs
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup Tuscan Herb EVOO
Fig Dark Balsamic Vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon baking sheet.
2. In a large bowl, sift together flour, corn meal, and baking powder. Stir in Parmesan, walnuts, pepper, rosemary, thyme, and garlic powder. Mix until well-blended.
3. Whisk together eggs, sugar, and EVOO until well-combined. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir to form a dough. Turn out dough on a lightly floured surface and shape into two logs (~ 10” x 3”). Transfer to baking sheet and press slightly to flatten.
4. Bake 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on the baking sheet for ~15 minutes.
5. Reduce oven temperature to 300F. Carefully transfer logs to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, slice each log crosswise, on a slight diagonal into 1/2-inch slices. Return slices to baking sheet, laying them on their sides.
6. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and carefully turn each slice to the other side. Bake for another 10 to 12 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet. Remove to wire rack and cool completely.
7. Drizzle with Fig Dark Balsamic to serve.
Kickin’ Margarita: This pairing of Persian Lime EVOO and Jalapeño White Balsamic Vinegar will work with a variety of Tex-Mex dishes. Try this salsa recipe to snack on while you watch football this weekend.
Black Bean Salsa
(adapted from The Blond Cook)
1 (15-ounce) can yellow whole kernel corn, drained
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup red onion, chopped
2 cups Roma tomatoes, chopped
1/3 cup jalapeno, seeded and chopped
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, shopped
1/4 cup Jalapeno White Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 teaspoon cumin
2 tablespoons Persian Lime EVOO
1/2 teaspoon, salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. Add all ingredients to a large bowl, and stir to combine.
2. Serve with tortilla chips.
Caprese: Our Basil EVOO and 25 Star Dark Balsamic Vinegar bring you the classic Caprese flavors. Perfect for creating your own Caprese Salad at home.
Caprese Pasta Salad
(adapted from Pip and Ebby)
1 (16-ounce) box of Rotini pasta, cooked and drained
8 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
1 (8-ounce) container of fresh Mozzarella pearls
1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
1/4 cup pesto
3 tablespoons Basil EVOO
2 tablespoons 25 Star Balsamic Vinegar
salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
2. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
3. Serve cold or chilled.
Get Your Grill On 0
Labor Day weekend is upon us, and EvilO has the ingredients you need for the best BBQ on the lake. Here are some suggestions for appetizers, grilling, salads, and even dessert.
Try these unique and delicious combinations for both marinades and drizzling on your grilled dishes.
— Garlic EVOO with Hickory Dark Balsamic Vinegar
— Jalapeno EVOO and Pineapple White Balsamic Vinegar
— Smoked Hickory EVOO with Pear White Balsamic Vinegar
— Chipotle EVOO with Garlic Dark Balsamic Vinegar
— Tuscan Herb EVOO with Italian Lambrusco Red Wine Vinegar
— Rosemary EVOO, Meyer Lemon EVOO with Garlic Dark Balsamic Vinegar
— Garlic EVOO with Honey Ginger White Balsamic Vinegar
In addition, our 25 Star Dark Balsamic Vinegar tastes fantastic drizzled over grilled steaks.
It may be the beginning of September, but temperatures are still hot. If you plan on serving a salad at your holiday gathering, check out these tasty salad dressing ideas.
— Garlic EVOO with Italian Lambrusco Red Wine Vinegar
— Tuscan Herb EVOO with Garlic Dark Balsamic Vinegar
— Basil EVOO with Strawberry White Balsamic Vinegar
Our Salad Sprayer makes dressing salads (and veggies) easy and convenient. They feature 2 chambers to keep your oil and vinegar separate. You control the percentage of oil to vinegar to spray on your salad. Choose from 100% oil or vinegar and anything in between.
Yes!! Oil and vinegar compliment your desserts, too. From simple garnishes to baked goods, there is a decadent dessert idea for you.
— Blood Orange EVOO compliments chocolate very well. In fact, it’s addictive. Use it in place of other oils or fats in your recipes for brownies, chocolate cake, or chocolate cupcakes. You’ll be hooked.
— Blood Orange EVOO and Chocolate Dark Balsamic Vinegar drizzled over ice cream or cheesecake. Or, use it as a dipping sauce for angel food cake.
— Coconut White Balsamic Vinegar and Pineapple White Balsamic Vinegar drizzled over ice cream, fruit, or cheesecake.
— Jalapeno EVOO or White Balsamic Vinegar, Garlic Cilantro EVOO or Dark Balsamic Vinegar taste great added to salsa, guacamole, or black beans.
— Chipotle EVOO goes great with our Sassy Italian bread dipper.
— Pair Basil EVOO with Sassy Italian bread dipper and Fleur de Sel finishing salt.
We’d love to help create the perfect combination for your Labor Day celebrations. Come down to the shop and sample all our oils and vinegars.
- Lisa Emmert
- Tags: 25 Star Dark Balsamic Vinegar Basil EVOO Blood Orange EVOO Chipotle EVOO Chocolate Dark Balsamic Vinegar Coconut White Balsamic Vinegar Garlic Dark Balsamic Vinegar Garlic EVOO Hickory Dark Balsamic Vinegar Honey Ginger White Balsamic Vinegar Italian Lambrusco Red Wine Vinegar jalapeno EVOO Meyer Lemon EVOO Pear White Balsamic Vinegar Pineapple White Balsamic Vinegar Rosemary EVOO smokey hickory EVOO Strawberry White Balsamic Vinegar Tuscan herb EVOO
Why Us? 0
Why choose olive oils from EvilO? Besides the fantastic taste, the large selection of flavors, and the endless ways to enjoy our oils, we want assure you we offer only the high quality oils. From regional to naturally flavored to infused, all our oils meet the strictest standards. Here is a look at what makes our oils so special.
Our supplier starts with the best quality, unrefined Extra Virgin Olive Oil. The oils are regionally grown in places such as Chile, Argentina, Italy, Spain, and Australia. Then, the International Olive Council certifies the quality of all the oils we carry in our store. Every lot is tested and certified as 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil by approved laboratories.
We carry the following unflavored, 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oils:
— Mission: From California, a smooth and velvety olive oil, great on chicken and pork.
— Picual: From Chile, bold flavor with a peppery finish.
— Umbria: From Italy, sweet with a bitter sensation, pairs well with Lambrusco red wine vinegar and hickory, garlic, or jalapeño balsamic vinegar.
— Tres Oliva: From Spain, olive oil from 3 different varieties of olives. Aromatic, ripe, and fruity. A true taste of olives.
— Barnea: From Australia. Has herbal notes and mild bitterness. Nicely balanced.
Naturally Flavored Olive Oils
High quality, extra-virgin olive oil is combined with natural concentrates and extracts to produce our delicious flavored oils. Our naturally flavored selections include:
— Blood Orange: Features the taste of fresh oranges. Goes great with dark chocolate or in brownies.
-- Butter (EvilO Olio): Blends the taste of olives with butter. Perfect on popcorn or baked potatoes.
-- Meyer Lemon: Aromatic and light, this oil is perfect in salads, as a bread dipper, or drizzled over fresh hummus.
— Persian Lime: Tastes crisp and fresh. Pairs well with pear balsamic vinegar as a salad dressing. Drizzle over fish.
— Sage and Onion: This oil is an excellent addition to mashed potatoes or stuffing.
— Smoked Hickory: Imparts the flavors of cooking over an open fire. Mix with garlic balsamic vinegar for a chicken marinade. Also great added to a pot of beans. Pair with pineapple or pecan praline balsamic vinegars.
— White Truffle: Has a slight garlicky and pepper flavor. Use it with white fish or shellfish. Also, it is good drizzled on pasta, risotto, egg dishes, or pizza.
— Black Truffle: Posses a more robust flavor than white truffle. Drizzle it over red meat. Just like white truffle, it also tastes great drizzled over pasta, risotto, egg dishes, or pizza.
Infused Olive Oils
Extra virgin olive oil is filtered without chemicals or heat to make pure olive oil. This removes any inherent or distinct flavors. Next, herbs, spices, or fruit are steeped in the oil for 6 to 8 weeks to produce olive oils with incredible flavor profiles. Choose from these infused oils:
— Basil: The bright, fresh taste of basil is perfect in salad dressings, as a bread dipper, or on pasta. Pairs well with garlic or lemongrass mint balsamic vinegars.
-- Chipotle: An ideal balance of smoke and heat. Chipotle infused olive oil works well with grilled or smoked meats, as a bread dipper, or added to salsa.
— Garlic: Fragrant and crisp garlic makes this a favorite choice. Pairs with hickory balsamic to make a memorable marinade for poultry and grilled veggies.
— Habanero: This oil is no joke. It’s HOT! Combine with pineapple balsamic for a sweet and sassy marinade.
— Jalapeno: Spicy and flavorful. Tastes great added to salsa or guacamole.
— Rosemary: Full of flavor and aroma. Drizzle on poultry or fish or use in salad dressings. Makes a great bread dipper.
Fused Olive Oils
These oils are a combination of infused and naturally flavored oils. This produces delectable flavors you will love! We offer the following selection:
— Tuscan Herb: Bursting with the flavors of Tuscany! You’ll love this as a bread dipper or drizzled over chicken or pasta.
— Garlic Cilantro: Makes a great accompaniment to Mexican dishes. Drizzle over tacos, fajitas, guacamole, or salsa.
— Garlic Mushroom: An all-time favorite! We love to use it on chicken or grilled veggies. Also goes well with pasta or salad dressings.
— Herbs de Provence: Features the flavors of Provence. Brush on rolls before baking, drizzle over grilled veggies or use in marinades and salad dressings.
Stop by today and taste the difference. We love to help customers discover the delights of high quality, true olive oil.