Smoked Shepherd's Pie 0
Gather your herd for this easy Shepherd's Pie!
2 lbs. potatoes, peeled and quartered
1/2 cup Milk
1/4 cup butter
2 tbsp. Artichoke & Garlic Olive Oil
1 large onion, diced
3 cloves Riesling Marinated Garlic, diced
1 12oz. bag frozen vegetables
1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
1 cup beef broth
1 1/2 tbsp. Tomato paste
1 tbsp. Bourbon smoked Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp. Rosemary Garlic bread dipper blend
Directions:1. Place the potatoes in a pot of water. Bring the water to a boil and cook for 15- 20 minutes, or until potatoes are soft. Add the milk and butter and mash until creamy.
2. Preheat your Big Green Egg to 400 degrees, convEGGtor in place. In a large pan, saute the onions and garlic with the olive oil for about a minute. Add the ground beef and cook until browned.
3. Add the beef broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, Rosemary Garlic bread dipper, and frozen vegetables to the ground beef mixture. Fold to combine.
4. Spread the ground beef mixture in a single layer in a baking pan.
5. Dollop the mashed potatoes onto the meat mixture, then use a spoon to smooth it over the top.
6. Place the baking dish inside the Big Green Egg. Cook for 25- 35 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
7. Let cool slightly, serve, and ENJOY!
This recipe can also be prepared inside your oven!
Smoked Truffle Mac & Cheese 0
Its You, Me, and Mac & Cheese!
1lb. Rontini Pasta
4 1/2 tbsp. Butter infused Olive Oil
1/2 cup Flour
5 1/2 cups Milk
1/2 lb. block smoked Gouda cheese
1/2 lb. block Cheddar cheese
1/2 lb. block Havarti cheese
1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
1 tbsp. Black Truffle infused Olive Oil
1 tbsp. Bourbon Smoked Paprika
1-2 cups Pecan Wood Chips, soaked
Optional: 1 tsp. Truffle Sea Salt for added Truffle Flavor
Directions:1. Heat your Big Green Egg to 225 degrees, convEGGtor in place. Once heated to 225, add the Pecan chips and let sit until smoke is clear.
2. On your stove top, bring a large pot of slightly salted water to a boil. Add the Rotini pasta and cook until done, but still firm. (about 8 minutes) Drain the pasta and place in a baking dish.
3. Place the baking dish directly on the grate of your Big Green Egg. Place a wire cooking rack on top of the baking dish, and place your 3 blocks of cheese directly on the cooling rack.
4. Cook for an hour to an hour and a half, or until the cheese has completely melted into the pasta.
5. On your stove top, whisk the Butter olive oil and flour together over medium heat. Once a thick paste has formed, slowly whisk in two cups of milk. Once smooth, raise heat to HIGH and whisk in the remaining milk. Whisk until thick and almost boiling.
6. Take the milk mixture and pour it over the pasta and cheese and mix until incorporated.
7. In a small bowl, mix together the Truffle olive oil, Paprika, and the Panko bread crumbs. Sprinkle the mixture over the top of the pasta.
8. Raise the temperature of your Big Green Egg to 350 degrees, the place the baking dish back on the grate. Cook about 30 minutes, or until golden and bubbly.
9. Let cool for about 10 minutes, then serve and enjoy!
Vacay In May! 0
A light Coconut and Lime cake sure to bring the vacation out of anyone!
1 cup milk
5 1/2 tbsp. Coconut Balsamic Vinegar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/3 cup Persian Lime Olive Oil
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup flour
2 tbsp. ground almonds
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 Fleur De Sel
12 oz. white chocolate chips
1/2 pint heavy whipping cream
1 tbsp. unsalted butter
1. Preheat your oven 350 degrees.
2. Mix the milk and 1 1/2 tbsp. of the Coconut balsamic vinegar. Set aside for 5 minutes, then whisk in the Persian Lime olive oil, vanilla, and sugar. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, ground almonds, baking soda and powder, and the Flour De Sel sea salt.
3. Make a well in the dry mixture and pour in the wet mixture. Stir well to combine. (May be slightly lumpy)
4. Lightly grease a cake pan and pour in batter. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
5. Boil water in a double boiler and combine the chocolate chips and the heavy whipping cream in the top bowl. Melt until smooth.
6. Remove the bowl from the water and add the remaining Coconut Balsamic vinegar and the butter. Stir until creamy and allow to cool.
7. Drizzle the glaze over the top of the cooled cake, sprinkle with shredded coconut, and ENJOY!
This recipe can also be made on the Big Green Egg!
Hatch Back Mac and Cheese 0
A smoked Mac and Cheese with roasted Hatch Chilis, sure to spice up your next cookout!
16 oz. Macaroni Pasta
3 tbsp. Chipotle Olive Oil, divided
8 tbsp. butter
1/2 cup Flour
2 cups Milk
1 cup Creme Fraiche
1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
2 cups shredded Gouda cheese
1 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
4 roasted Hatch Chili Peppers, diced
salt and pepper to taste
Directions:1. Prepare pasta according to directions on box. Drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil.
2. Set your EGG to 350 degrees, convEGGtor in place.
3. Melt butter in a saucepan, whisk in flour until a paste forms. Whisk in milk, creme fraiche, and nutmeg until smooth. Whisk in cheeses until completely melted. Add 1 tsp. paprika, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat.
4. Add pasta and Hatch chilis to cheese mixture. Toss together.
5. Add pasta to your Dutch oven.
6. In a separate bowl, mix the remaining olive oil, 1/2 tsp. paprika, and breadcrumbs. Sprinkle over pasta.
7. Bake in the EGG for 25 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
8. Top with a little chili powder, and ENJOY!
Cherry Vanilla Maple Shrub 0
This shrub will leave you feeling summertime fine.
2 cups maraschino cherries
1/2 vanilla bean
1/2 cup Maple Butter Spread
1/2 cup Italian Lambrusco Red Wine Vinegar
1 tbsp. Vanilla Balsamic Vinegar
Directions:1. Place the cherries in a large bowl.
2. Add the vanilla bean and Maple Butter Spread
3. Using a blunt object, mash the cherries and vanilla bean to a pulp.
4. Cover and let the mixture sit for 24 to 48 hours.
5. Strain the mixture, squeezing all the liquid out of the cherries.
6. Discard the pulp and pour your syrup into a jar or bottle.
7. Fill a glass with ice.
8. Pour 2 tablespoons of shrub syrup over ice and top with sparkling water, or add a splash of your favorite liquor for an all natural cocktail!
Strawberry Wine Shrub 0
For all of those wine-o's at heart.
1 lb. fresh strawberries
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 cup Italian Lambrusco Red Wine Vinegar
1 tbsp. 25 Star Balsamic Vinegar
Directions:1. Mix sugar and water in medium saucepan over low heat until sugar is completely dissolved.
2. Slice your strawberries thinly, then add them to the saucepan and bring to a low simmer.
3. Let the mixture simmer until the syrup is the color of the fruit and the strawberries look tired.
4. Add the Italian Lambrusco Red Wine Vinegar and the 25 Star Balsamic Vinegar. Whisk to combine, then return to a simmer.
5. Remove the saucepan from the heat and strain the fruit from the syrup.
6. Pour the syrup into a bottle or jar and store in the fridge.
7. Fill a glass with ice and pour your shrub syrup over the ice, then top it with sparkling water, stirring slightly to combine, or add a shot of your favorite liquor for an all-natural cocktail!