Seeing Double! 0
Evilo's Sweet and Sour Sauce Duo!
Ingredients for Peach Sweet & Sour Sauce:
1/3 cup Peach infused Balsamic Vinegar
2 tbsp. Ketchup
1 tbsp. plus 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp. Italian Lambrusco Red Wine vinegar
2 tbsp. unsalted butter
3 tbsp. water
1. Cook the Peach balsamic vinegar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and water in a saucepan over medium- high heat, whisking until thick, or about 5 minutes.
2. Whisk in the Italian Lambrusco Red Wine vinegar, then the butter a few pieces at a time. Remove from heat ans allow to cool.
3. Serve with EGGrolls and enjoy!
Ingredients for Raspberry Sweet & Sour Sauce:
1/4 cup Red Raspberry Conserves
2 tbsp. Orange Juice
2 tbsp. Italian Lambrusco Red Wine Vinegar
Directions:1. In a saucepan, combine the Red Raspberry Conserves, orange juice, and Italian Lambrusco Red Wine vinegar.
2. Bring to a boil and cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Remove pan from heat and allow to cool.
4. Serve with EGGrolls and enjoy!
Cherry Vanilla Maple Shrub 0
This shrub will leave you feeling summertime fine.
2 cups maraschino cherries
1/2 vanilla bean
1/2 cup Maple Butter Spread
1/2 cup Italian Lambrusco Red Wine Vinegar
1 tbsp. Vanilla Balsamic Vinegar
Directions:1. Place the cherries in a large bowl.
2. Add the vanilla bean and Maple Butter Spread
3. Using a blunt object, mash the cherries and vanilla bean to a pulp.
4. Cover and let the mixture sit for 24 to 48 hours.
5. Strain the mixture, squeezing all the liquid out of the cherries.
6. Discard the pulp and pour your syrup into a jar or bottle.
7. Fill a glass with ice.
8. Pour 2 tablespoons of shrub syrup over ice and top with sparkling water, or add a splash of your favorite liquor for an all natural cocktail!
Strawberry Wine Shrub 0
For all of those wine-o's at heart.
1 lb. fresh strawberries
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 cup Italian Lambrusco Red Wine Vinegar
1 tbsp. 25 Star Balsamic Vinegar
Directions:1. Mix sugar and water in medium saucepan over low heat until sugar is completely dissolved.
2. Slice your strawberries thinly, then add them to the saucepan and bring to a low simmer.
3. Let the mixture simmer until the syrup is the color of the fruit and the strawberries look tired.
4. Add the Italian Lambrusco Red Wine Vinegar and the 25 Star Balsamic Vinegar. Whisk to combine, then return to a simmer.
5. Remove the saucepan from the heat and strain the fruit from the syrup.
6. Pour the syrup into a bottle or jar and store in the fridge.
7. Fill a glass with ice and pour your shrub syrup over the ice, then top it with sparkling water, stirring slightly to combine, or add a shot of your favorite liquor for an all-natural cocktail!
Smokedelic Chili Baby! 0
A mouth-watering, smoked chili the whole family will love.
2 lbs. ground beef
3- 14.5 oz. cans of diced tomatoes
1- 15.5 can of dark kidney beans
1- 16oz. can of pinto beans
1 large white onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
3 roasted red chilis, diced
1 tsp. Fleur de Sel sea salt
3/4 cups Italian Lambrusco Red Wine Vinegar
3 cloves Chipotle marinated garlic, diced
1 tbs. Garlic infused olive oil
4 tbs. Blackened Seasoning
2-3 Hickory smoking chunks
Directions:1. Fire up your Big Green Egg to 250 degrees.
2. Once your Egg has reached 250 degrees, add your hickory smoking chunks and place your convEGGtor inside.
3. Once your grill has reached 250 degrees with the convEGGtor in place, place your Dutch oven on your cooking grate.
4. Add your garlic olive oil and onions to the dutch oven. Saute for 2-3 minutes, then add your bell peppers, roasted chilis, and your garlic cloves.
5. Once the vegetables are soft, add salt and pepper to taste, then bring to a simmer.
6. Add your Lambrusco vinegar, pinto beans, kidney beans, and diced tomatoes. Stir until combined.
7. Knead the ground beef and blackened seasoning together, then roll into a large ball.
8. Place a perforated cooking grid on top of your dutch oven, then place your meatball in the center of your perforated cooking grid.
9. Smoke at 250 degrees for about 3 hours, or until the meatball reaches 140 degrees internally.
10. Remove the meatball and perforated cooking grid. Chop your meatball into small chunks, then add it to your dutch oven. Stir until combined.
11. Smoke for an additional hour, stirring occasionally.
12. Top your chili with shredded cheese or chives, serve, and ENJOY!
Drunken Jerky 0
Whiskey and Beef: A Match Made In Heaven
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Jack Daniels Tennessee Whiskey
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup Italian Lambrusco Red Wine Vinegar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
4 drops liquid hickory smoke
Round Eye Roast
4-5 Hickory Smoking Chunks
1. Take your roast and cut in in half lengthwise, then proceed to take each half and cut it into strips, about 1/6" pieces. Set aside.
2. In a gallon freezer bag, add all of your ingredients (minus the meat strips) and mix throughly. Allow mixture to rest for at least 10 minutes.
3. Add the meat strips to the ziplock bag and mix until all strips are throughly coated.
4.Remove the air from the bag, seal it, and then place it in the refrigerator for 24 hours to allow the meat to marinate. While the meat is marinating, be sure to work it around in the bag every few hours so the marinade is fully incorporated.
5. Take the Stainless Steel Cooking Grate off of your Big Green Egg. Set aside.
6. Add the charcoal to the Big Green Egg and open the vents. Once the grill has reached around 350 degrees, close your vents to about a 1/4" opening, add your smoking chunks, and allow the temperature to come down. The target dome temperature is between 180 and 200 degrees. Anything over 210 degrees and the meat will cook too fast.
7. Take your Stainless Steel Cooking Grate and lay the meat strips on it. Once the strips has been laid out, place the Grate inside of the Egg.
8. Every hour to hour and a half, flip and rotate your jerky pieces so that all the pieces cook evenly.
9. Your jerky should take 5 and a half to 6 hours to finish. You will know that the jerky is done when a slice is bent and it cracks, but doesn't break apart completely.
10. Once you've finished your jerky, let it cool and then place it in ziplock bags for storage. The shelf life of your jerky is about a week unless you vacuum seal it.
Just a Few More Days 0
You've heard the saying...the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry. We just wanted to let you know the shop will be closed a few more days while we complete updates to the facility. As always, you can shop online to purchase all your favorite flavored and infused olive oils and balsamic vinegars.
If you haven't already tried our best selling olive oil, now is a great time. Garlic Mushroom EVOO is a favorite of both staff and customers. One of our regular customers described it like this, "The Garlic EVOO tastes like fresh, raw garlic, while the Garlic Mushroom EVOO tastes like a rich, roasted garlic." That is the perfect description. The mushrooms add a earthiness that takes the garlic to the next level of yumminess.
Garlic Mushroom EVOO can be used tossed on pasta or vegetables, rubbed on steak, drizzled on popcorn, or as a bread dipper. It pairs well with 25 Star Dark Balsamic, Fig Dark Balsamic, and Italian Lambrusco Red Wine vinegars.
Here is my favorite way to use it:
Cut up some fresh onions, carrots, sweet potatoes, Brussel sprouts, and any other veggies you like. Do not dice them or cut into small pieces. Keep the pieces about 1". Toss them in a Ziplock bag and drizzle in 1 or 2 tablespoons of Garlic Mushroom EVOO, and add some salt and pepper. Toss vigorously, then spread in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with a silicone baking pad or parchment paper, and roast in the oven at 450F for 30-35 minutes. Toss the veggies with cooked pasta and a little more Garlic Mushroom EVOO (if needed) and enjoy!