Going, Going, Gone 0
As we move into 2017, we're discounting Fall Flavors to make way for everything the new year has to bring. While supplies last, all things pumpkin are 50% off. This includes:
-- Pumpkin Pie Spice White and Dark Balsamic Vinegars: These are both perfect for drizzling over roasted sweet potatoes or roasted butternut or acorn squash. They also taste great poured over ice cream. One of our regular customers adds a tablespoon to her pancake batter. Pairs well with Cinnamon Infused EVOO, Butter Infused EVOO.
-- Pumpkin Cheesecake Dessert Mix: Add softened cream cheese to make a delicious cheeseball to serve with gingersnaps, vanilla wafers, graham crackers, or fruit. Or, for a real treat, add softened cream cheese and Cool Whip to make a pie filling.
We're also discontinuing 500 ml bottles of our oils and vinegars. However, we have a few bottles left, which are discounted 20%, while supplies last. We have the following available:
-- Maple Dark Balsamic Vinegar: Drizzle a little over pancakes or waffles, or add some to the batter. Also makes a great glaze for pork or bacon. Pairs well with: Blood Orange EVOO, Chipotle EVOO, Cinnamon Infused EVOO, Butter Infused EVOO, Basil EVOO, and Meyer Lemon EVOO.
-- Espresso Dark Balsamic Vinegar: Use as a marinade for steak, chicken, or pork chops. Drizzle over finished steaks before serving. Also adds flavor to stews. Pairs well with Blood Orange EVOO, Chipotle EVOO, Garlic EVOO, Meyer Lemon EVOO, and Tuscan Herb EVOO.
-- Lavender Dark Balsamic Vinegar: Makes a delicious marinade for chicken. Also great for roasting new potatoes or using in vinaigrettes. Pairs well with Herbs de Provence EVOO, Persian Lime EVOO, Basil EVOO, Blood Orange EVOO, Tuscan Herb EVOO, and Meyer Lemon EVOO.
-- Vanilla Dark Balsamic Vinegar: Delicious drizzled over berries, brownies, ice cream, or all three together! Makes an incredible vinaigrette with Blood Orange EVOO. Also pairs well with: Chipotle EVOO, Butter Infused EVOO, Meyer Lemon EVOO, and Persian Lime EVOO.
-- Lemongrass Mint Dark Balsamic Vinegar: Brings an enticing Thai flavor to any dish, and also enhances Asian dishes. Perfect for dressing cold noodles, salads or in a dipping sauce for spring rolls, lettuce wraps, etc. Pairs well with Basil EVOO, Persian Lime EVOO, Chipotle EVOO, Basil Lemongrass EVOO, and Meyer Lemon EVOO.
-- Cinnamon Infused EVOO: Absolutely wonderful for baking muffins or quick breads. Also a great addition to pancake or waffle batter. Use for roasting sweet potatoes, yams, butternut squash, or acorn squash. Pairs well with Pear White Balsamic Vinegar, Maple Dark Balsamic Vinegar, Pumpkin Pie Spice Dark or White Balsamic Vinegar, Vanilla Dark Balsamic Vinegar, or Pecan Praline Dark Balsamic Vinegar.
- Lisa Emmert
- Tags: Basil EVOO Blood Orange EVOO Butter Infused EVOO Chipotle EVOO Cinnamon Infused EVOO Espresso Dark Balsamic Vinegar Garlic EVOO Herbes de Provence EVOO Lavender Dark Balsamic Vinegar Lemongrass Mint Dark Balsamic Vinegar Maple Dark Balsamic Vinegar Meyer Lemon EVOO Mocha Almond Fudge Dark Balsamic Pear White Balsamic Vinegar Pecan Praline Dark Balsamic Vinegar Persian Lime EVOO pumpkin cheesecake dessert mix Pumpkin Pie Spice Balsamic Vinegar Pumpkin Pie Spice White Balsamic Vinegar Tuscan herb EVOO Vanilla Dark Balsamic Vinegar
Friday Favorites 0
At the top of our list this week, we highlight 2 new products that we are so excited about.
1. Bravado Spice Company Hot Sauces: Your wish is our command! Many of you asked for hot sauces, and we've found the perfect sauces to complement our oils and vinegars. We're happy to offer Bravado Spice Company's complete line of hot sauces. Crafted in Houston, TX, these sauces have more than just heat. They are bursting with fresh, bold flavors that you are going to love. Choose from the following options:
-- Crimson: This red sauce features red jalapeño and arbol peppers.
-- Pineapple and Habanero: A sweet and spicy combination of habanero peppers and pineapple and a dash of yellow bell peppers and garlic.
-- Jalapeno and Green Apple: Green apple elevates jalapeño and poblano peppers in this flavorful green sauce.
-- Ghost Pepper and Blueberry: For the truly adventurous, this sauce is spicy, unusual, and completely delicious. It combines blueberries, raspberries, ghost peppers, and black pepper.
2. What's Cookin' Cobblers: These decadent cobblers are made right here in Hot Springs, and they are flying off the shelves. We love them so much, and evidently you do too. We sold out last weekend, but not to worry, we are restocked for this weekend and Black Friday. Choose from these 3 heavenly flavors:
-- Chocolate Cobbler: This is so decadent and tastes great with vanilla ice cream. Drizzle one of our vinegars over the top, such as: Mocha Almond Fudge, Chocolate, Espresso, Maple, Pecan Praline, Vanilla, or Bordeaux Cherry Dark Balsamic Vinegar. Also, a little sprinkle of Vintage Merlot Finishing Salt tastes great, too.
-- Easy Peach Cobbler: Tastes better than mom's, but it's twice as easy to prepare. Top it off with some ice cream and then a drizzle of one of our vinegars, such as: Peach or Coconut White Balsamic or Pecan Praline, Vanilla, or Maple Dark Balsamic Vinegars.
3. Holiday Lights at Garvan Woodland Gardens: It's that time!! Holiday Lights kicks off on Saturday at Garvan Woodland Gardens. This event continues until December 31.
Make it a great weekend!
- Lisa Emmert
- Tags: Bordeaux Cherry Dark Balsamic Vinegar Bravado Spice Company Hot Sauces Chocolate Dark Balsamic Vinegar Coconut White Balsamic Vinegar Espresso Dark Balsamic Vinegar Friday Favorites Garvan Gardens Maple Dark Balsamic Vinegar Mocha Almond Fudge Dark Balsamic new product Peach White Balsamic Vinegar Pecan Praline Dark Balsamic Vinegar Strawberry White Balsamic Vinegar Vanilla Dark Balsamic Vinegar Vintage Merlot Sea Salt What's Cookin' Cobblers
Flavors of the Week 10/3/16 0
Get ready to have your mind blown. We’ve paired some unexpected flavors together for some amazing tastes. You are going to love these!!
-- Strawberry Fields (Rosemary EVOO and Strawberry White Balsamic Vinegar): I cannot tell you how much I love this pairing. It’s fresh and flavorful and I can’t leave it alone. It will be perfect on salads, pork, and chicken.
Strawberry Fields Roasted Chicken
1 (3.5 to 4 pound) roasting chicken
Strawberry White Balsamic Vinegar
6 fresh rosemary springs
6 bunches fresh sage
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
2. Strip leaves from 1 spring of rosemary and 1 bunch of both thyme and sage. Chop the herb leaves.
3. Empty the cavity of the chicken and pat chicken dry with paper towel. Rub chicken with EVOO and vinegar. Sprinkle on half the chopped herbs, salt, and pepper. Rub chicken to evenly distribute herbs.
4. Place half the remaining herbs on a roasting tray and place the chicken on top of the herbs. Stuff the remaining herbs inside the cavity.
5. Roast the chicken approximately 1 hour at 375F, or until meat thermometer reads 165F at the deepest part of the thigh, and juices run clear.
6. Transfer to serving platter.
-- “HOT” Chocolate (Jalapeno EVOO and Mocha Almond Fudge Dark Balsamic Vinegar): This unique and delicious pairing hits the mark of sweet and spicy. I use jalapeño EVOO on almost everything, and I love a spot of Mocha Almond Fudge Dark Balsamic Vinegar in my coffee. However, pairing these two together takes things to another level. Delicious!! This will be perfect with berries for a light, yet decadent dessert.
Mexican Chocolate Brownies
1/4 cup Avocado Oil
1/4 cup Jalapeno EVOO
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon Mocha Almond Fudge Dark Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9x9-inch baking pan.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together oils, sugar, vanilla, and vinegar. Beat in eggs. In another bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the liquid ingredients. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
3. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until brownies begin to pull away from the edges of the pan. Let cool on a wire rack before cutting into squares.
-- Cherry Limeade (Persian Lime EVOO and Bordeaux Cherry Dark Balsamic): This seriously tastes like a cherry limeade. I love it! This is another pairing that will compliment salads, chicken, and fruit.
Cherry Limeade Chicken
(makes 4 servings)
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup Bordeaux Cherry Dark Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 cup Persian Lime EVOO
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon lime zest
1. In a small bowl, add vinegar, EVOO, salt, and lime zest. Mix thoroughly with a whisk.
2. Add chicken and marinade to a ziplock bag and close it. Turn the chicken several times to make sure it is well coated. Marinate in the refrigerator for 6 to 8 hours.
3. Prepare grill.
4. Remove chicken breasts from marinade and place them on the prepared grill. Discard marinade.
5. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Chicken is done when it is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear.
-- Twist of Orange (Blood Orange EVOO and Garlic Balsamic Vinegar): These two flavors work so well together and make a delicious marinade for anything you want to grill. They are also a good choice for stir-fries.
Orange and Garlic Roasted Asparagus
1 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
4 tablespoons Blood Orange EVOO
Garlic Dark Balsamic Vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 450ºF.
2. In a bowl, toss asparagus with EVOO.
3. Arrange asparagus in a single layer on a roasting pan on baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt.
4. Roast asparagus for ~20 minutes, or until tender. Turn asparagus at 10 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and drizzle with vinegar.
Friday Favorites 9/9/16 0
The calendar may say September, but the temperatures are still in the 90s. Whether you are spending your weekend on the lake or binging on college and NFL football, we hope you have a great time. Here’s what is on our radar this weekend:
11th Annual Hot Springs Bike Rally: Welcome bikers to the largest bike rally in Central Arkansas. Events include a vendor mall, poker run, parade, and performances by Mustang Sally and Joe Nichols.
The Spice Lab’s Himalayan Salt Cooking Plate and Serving Tray: These are perfect for your game day snacks and appetizers. Heat or cool them, they hold the temperature for quite awhile and keep your snacks at the appropriate temperature and give them the perfect amount of flavor. Come on down to the store and check them out! We’ll talk more about them in an upcoming post.
Sales!!: Who doesn’t love a sale? At EvilO we just reduced the price on a few items, while supplies last.
— 500 ml Bottles of oils and vinegars: Get 20% off on 500 ml bottles of Australian Barnea and Cinnamon EVOO and Pistachio, Lavender, Mocha Almond Fudge, Espresso, Vanilla, Maple and Lemongrass Mint Dark Balsamic Vinegars.
— Discontinued flavors of oils and vinegars in 200 ml bottles: Get 10% off on Australian Barnea and Cinnamon EVOO; Orange and Pumpkin Pie Spice White Balsamic Vinegars; and Chocolate Dark Balsamic Vinegar.
Have a great weekend!!
- Lisa Emmert
- Tags: Australian Barnea EVOO Chocolate Dark Balsamic Vinegar Cinnamon Infused EVOO Espresso Dark Balsamic Vinegar Himalayan Salt Trays Lavender Dark Balsamic Vinegar Lemongrass Mint Dark Balsamic Vinegar Maple Dark Balsamic Vinegar Mocha Almond Fudge Dark Balsamic Pistachio Dark Balsamic Vinegar Pumpkin Pie Spice White Balsamic Vinegar Vanilla Dark Balsamic Vinegar