It's Party Time 0
Super Bowl 51 kicks off Sunday night in Houston, TX. Are you hosting a party this year? We've got everything you need to start your party prepping and planning. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
Our oils and vinegars are the perfect ingredients or finishing touches to take your Super Bowl snacks from good to great.
Slow Cooker Smokey Italian Pulled Pork Sliders
1. Heat up slow cooker on lowest setting. Season pork tenderloin with salt and pepper, on all sides. Place in the slow cooker.
2. Drizzle EVOO and vinegar over pork tenderloin.
3. Cook on low for 4 hours. Check every 30 minutes and turn over, so that all sides are covered with oil and vinegar.
4. At 4 hours, remove pork from slow cooker, and shred or "pull" with a fork. Serve on buns with desired condiments and sides.
Spinach and Caramelized Onion Dip
(adapted from Real Simple)
2 medium onions, chopped
Fleur de Sel salt and pepper
2 cups sour cream
1 package (10-ounce) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess liquid
1 tablespoon Jalapeño White Balsamic Vinegar
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until golden brown, about 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl, and let cool.
2. Add sour cream, spinach, vinegar, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to the onions and stir until combined.
3. Serve with fresh veggies and crackers.
Kickin' Chicken Nachos
2 cloves garlic, crushed
6 green onions, thinly sliced (green and white parts separated)
3 tablespoons Jalapeno EVOO
1 whole cooked chicken breast, shredded
Chile Lime Margarita Salt
1 cup salsa
1/2 large bag of tortilla chips
1 (8 ounce) package shredded cheddar/Monterey jack cheese blend
1/2 large tomato, diced
Garlic Cilantro Balsamic Vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add EVOO and allow to heat. Add garlic and white parts of the green onions and cook until tender. Add shredded chicken, salt, and pepper. Stir to mix until coated with oil. Stir in salsa.
3. Arrange tortilla chips on a baking sheet. Spoon chicken mixture over chips. Top with shredded cheese and tomato. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with green parts of sliced green onions and drizzle with vinegar.
-- Drizzle hummus with Meyer Lemon EVOO and serve with fresh veggies, crackers, and pita chips.
-- Add our Serrano Chili Honey Vinegar to your hot wings recipe
-- Make a pot of chili with our River Road Chili Mix and garnish with our Crimson Hot Sauce from Bravado Spice Company.
-- Serve Mom's Veggie Dip with your hot wings.
-- Try our dessert cheeseball mixes with fresh fruit, gingersnaps, vanilla wafers, and graham crackers.
We can help you plan a spectacular Super Bowl spread. Come down to the shop today.
Get Lucky in 2017 0
It's a tradition as Southern as SEC Football.....beginning the new year with a pot of black-eyed peas to bring luck and prosperity in the upcoming year. Whether you serve your peas at a large family gathering or a quiet meal for two, we have all the ingredients to make your black-eyed peas extra special.
We have a variety of olive oils and balsamic vinegars to accompany your peas and take them from good to great. For a smokey flavor, add a dash of Smokey Hickory or Chipotle EVOO or Hickory Dark Balsamic Vinegar. To heat things up, try Jalapeño or Habanero EVOO or Jalapeño White Balsamic Vinegar. And you can never, ever go wrong with a touch of garlic. Try Garlic Mushroom or Garlic EVOO or Garlic Dark Balsamic Vinegar.
If you plan to serve cornbread with your peas, we suggest using Jalapeño or Rosemary EVOO to prepare the cornbread or for frying your cornbread.
Spice It Up
If you like your peas spicy, we've got you covered. Try one of our Bravado Spice Company hot sauces and heat things up. If you love traditional red hot sauces, Crimson is just right for you. But, if you want something more exotic, you'll love Pineapple/Habanero or Jalapeño/Green Apple. And for the truly adventurous, try the Blueberry/Ghost Pepper. We also carry seasonings from Bravado Spice Company that will heat things up, too.
Right before serving, add a touch of one of our delectable finishing salts. We offer a variety of flavors that will suit every palate. Our favorites for peas and beans include: Hickory Smoked, Alderwood Smoked, and Kentucky Bourbon Smoked.
However you serve your black-eyed peas, we want to thank you for your business in 2016, and we hope 2017 is your best year yet.
- Lisa Emmert
- Tags: Alderwood Smoked Salt Bravado Spice Company Hot Sauces Chipotle EVOO Garlic Dark Balsamic Vinegar Garlic EVOO Garlic Mushroom EVOO Habanero EVOO Hickory Dark Balsamic Vinegar Hickory Smoked Salt jalapeno EVOO jalapeño white balsamic vinegar Kentucky Bourbon Smoked Salt Rosemary EVOO smokey hickory EVOO
Flavors of the Week 10/3/16 0
Get ready to have your mind blown. We’ve paired some unexpected flavors together for some amazing tastes. You are going to love these!!
-- Strawberry Fields (Rosemary EVOO and Strawberry White Balsamic Vinegar): I cannot tell you how much I love this pairing. It’s fresh and flavorful and I can’t leave it alone. It will be perfect on salads, pork, and chicken.
Strawberry Fields Roasted Chicken
1 (3.5 to 4 pound) roasting chicken
Strawberry White Balsamic Vinegar
6 fresh rosemary springs
6 bunches fresh sage
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
2. Strip leaves from 1 spring of rosemary and 1 bunch of both thyme and sage. Chop the herb leaves.
3. Empty the cavity of the chicken and pat chicken dry with paper towel. Rub chicken with EVOO and vinegar. Sprinkle on half the chopped herbs, salt, and pepper. Rub chicken to evenly distribute herbs.
4. Place half the remaining herbs on a roasting tray and place the chicken on top of the herbs. Stuff the remaining herbs inside the cavity.
5. Roast the chicken approximately 1 hour at 375F, or until meat thermometer reads 165F at the deepest part of the thigh, and juices run clear.
6. Transfer to serving platter.
-- “HOT” Chocolate (Jalapeno EVOO and Mocha Almond Fudge Dark Balsamic Vinegar): This unique and delicious pairing hits the mark of sweet and spicy. I use jalapeño EVOO on almost everything, and I love a spot of Mocha Almond Fudge Dark Balsamic Vinegar in my coffee. However, pairing these two together takes things to another level. Delicious!! This will be perfect with berries for a light, yet decadent dessert.
Mexican Chocolate Brownies
1/4 cup Avocado Oil
1/4 cup Jalapeno EVOO
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon Mocha Almond Fudge Dark Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9x9-inch baking pan.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together oils, sugar, vanilla, and vinegar. Beat in eggs. In another bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the liquid ingredients. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
3. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until brownies begin to pull away from the edges of the pan. Let cool on a wire rack before cutting into squares.
-- Cherry Limeade (Persian Lime EVOO and Bordeaux Cherry Dark Balsamic): This seriously tastes like a cherry limeade. I love it! This is another pairing that will compliment salads, chicken, and fruit.
Cherry Limeade Chicken
(makes 4 servings)
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup Bordeaux Cherry Dark Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 cup Persian Lime EVOO
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon lime zest
1. In a small bowl, add vinegar, EVOO, salt, and lime zest. Mix thoroughly with a whisk.
2. Add chicken and marinade to a ziplock bag and close it. Turn the chicken several times to make sure it is well coated. Marinate in the refrigerator for 6 to 8 hours.
3. Prepare grill.
4. Remove chicken breasts from marinade and place them on the prepared grill. Discard marinade.
5. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Chicken is done when it is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear.
-- Twist of Orange (Blood Orange EVOO and Garlic Balsamic Vinegar): These two flavors work so well together and make a delicious marinade for anything you want to grill. They are also a good choice for stir-fries.
Orange and Garlic Roasted Asparagus
1 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
4 tablespoons Blood Orange EVOO
Garlic Dark Balsamic Vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 450ºF.
2. In a bowl, toss asparagus with EVOO.
3. Arrange asparagus in a single layer on a roasting pan on baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt.
4. Roast asparagus for ~20 minutes, or until tender. Turn asparagus at 10 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and drizzle with vinegar.
Friday Favorites 9/2/16 0
It’s been a BIG week at EvilO. We received a HUGE shipment of delicious olive oils and balsamic vinegars, and we’re eager to share them with you. Here are some of our favorite things this Friday:
Old favorites, back in stock. We are thrilled that some of our favorite oils and vinegar are back. We’ve restocked the shelves with Tuscan Herb EVOO, Jalapeño EVOO, Garlic EVOO, Garlic Mushroom EVOO, Peach White Balsamic Vinegar, Bordeaux Cherry Balsamic Vinegar, and 25 Star Balsamic Vinegar. We also have a limited amount of Blueberry Dark Balsamic Vinegar. Hurry down to stock up on your favorites.
Labor Day Weekend. It’s time for the last big cookout of the summer. Some of our cookout favorites include:
Hot Springs Jazz Fest and Blues Fest. Make your way downtown to celebrate TWO music festivals this weekend.
The Spice Lab’s Bloody Mary Sea Salt. Perfect for Labor Day weekend brunches.
What are your favorites this Friday?
Get Your Grill On 0
Labor Day weekend is upon us, and EvilO has the ingredients you need for the best BBQ on the lake. Here are some suggestions for appetizers, grilling, salads, and even dessert.
Try these unique and delicious combinations for both marinades and drizzling on your grilled dishes.
— Garlic EVOO with Hickory Dark Balsamic Vinegar
— Jalapeno EVOO and Pineapple White Balsamic Vinegar
— Smoked Hickory EVOO with Pear White Balsamic Vinegar
— Chipotle EVOO with Garlic Dark Balsamic Vinegar
— Tuscan Herb EVOO with Italian Lambrusco Red Wine Vinegar
— Rosemary EVOO, Meyer Lemon EVOO with Garlic Dark Balsamic Vinegar
— Garlic EVOO with Honey Ginger White Balsamic Vinegar
In addition, our 25 Star Dark Balsamic Vinegar tastes fantastic drizzled over grilled steaks.
It may be the beginning of September, but temperatures are still hot. If you plan on serving a salad at your holiday gathering, check out these tasty salad dressing ideas.
— Garlic EVOO with Italian Lambrusco Red Wine Vinegar
— Tuscan Herb EVOO with Garlic Dark Balsamic Vinegar
— Basil EVOO with Strawberry White Balsamic Vinegar
Our Salad Sprayer makes dressing salads (and veggies) easy and convenient. They feature 2 chambers to keep your oil and vinegar separate. You control the percentage of oil to vinegar to spray on your salad. Choose from 100% oil or vinegar and anything in between.
Yes!! Oil and vinegar compliment your desserts, too. From simple garnishes to baked goods, there is a decadent dessert idea for you.
— Blood Orange EVOO compliments chocolate very well. In fact, it’s addictive. Use it in place of other oils or fats in your recipes for brownies, chocolate cake, or chocolate cupcakes. You’ll be hooked.
— Blood Orange EVOO and Chocolate Dark Balsamic Vinegar drizzled over ice cream or cheesecake. Or, use it as a dipping sauce for angel food cake.
— Coconut White Balsamic Vinegar and Pineapple White Balsamic Vinegar drizzled over ice cream, fruit, or cheesecake.
— Jalapeno EVOO or White Balsamic Vinegar, Garlic Cilantro EVOO or Dark Balsamic Vinegar taste great added to salsa, guacamole, or black beans.
— Chipotle EVOO goes great with our Sassy Italian bread dipper.
— Pair Basil EVOO with Sassy Italian bread dipper and Fleur de Sel finishing salt.
We’d love to help create the perfect combination for your Labor Day celebrations. Come down to the shop and sample all our oils and vinegars.
- Lisa Emmert
- Tags: 25 Star Dark Balsamic Vinegar Basil EVOO Blood Orange EVOO Chipotle EVOO Chocolate Dark Balsamic Vinegar Coconut White Balsamic Vinegar Garlic Dark Balsamic Vinegar Garlic EVOO Hickory Dark Balsamic Vinegar Honey Ginger White Balsamic Vinegar Italian Lambrusco Red Wine Vinegar jalapeno EVOO Meyer Lemon EVOO Pear White Balsamic Vinegar Pineapple White Balsamic Vinegar Rosemary EVOO smokey hickory EVOO Strawberry White Balsamic Vinegar Tuscan herb EVOO
Why Us? 0
Why choose olive oils from EvilO? Besides the fantastic taste, the large selection of flavors, and the endless ways to enjoy our oils, we want assure you we offer only the high quality oils. From regional to naturally flavored to infused, all our oils meet the strictest standards. Here is a look at what makes our oils so special.
Our supplier starts with the best quality, unrefined Extra Virgin Olive Oil. The oils are regionally grown in places such as Chile, Argentina, Italy, Spain, and Australia. Then, the International Olive Council certifies the quality of all the oils we carry in our store. Every lot is tested and certified as 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil by approved laboratories.
We carry the following unflavored, 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oils:
— Mission: From California, a smooth and velvety olive oil, great on chicken and pork.
— Picual: From Chile, bold flavor with a peppery finish.
— Umbria: From Italy, sweet with a bitter sensation, pairs well with Lambrusco red wine vinegar and hickory, garlic, or jalapeño balsamic vinegar.
— Tres Oliva: From Spain, olive oil from 3 different varieties of olives. Aromatic, ripe, and fruity. A true taste of olives.
— Barnea: From Australia. Has herbal notes and mild bitterness. Nicely balanced.
Naturally Flavored Olive Oils
High quality, extra-virgin olive oil is combined with natural concentrates and extracts to produce our delicious flavored oils. Our naturally flavored selections include:
— Blood Orange: Features the taste of fresh oranges. Goes great with dark chocolate or in brownies.
-- Butter (EvilO Olio): Blends the taste of olives with butter. Perfect on popcorn or baked potatoes.
-- Meyer Lemon: Aromatic and light, this oil is perfect in salads, as a bread dipper, or drizzled over fresh hummus.
— Persian Lime: Tastes crisp and fresh. Pairs well with pear balsamic vinegar as a salad dressing. Drizzle over fish.
— Sage and Onion: This oil is an excellent addition to mashed potatoes or stuffing.
— Smoked Hickory: Imparts the flavors of cooking over an open fire. Mix with garlic balsamic vinegar for a chicken marinade. Also great added to a pot of beans. Pair with pineapple or pecan praline balsamic vinegars.
— White Truffle: Has a slight garlicky and pepper flavor. Use it with white fish or shellfish. Also, it is good drizzled on pasta, risotto, egg dishes, or pizza.
— Black Truffle: Posses a more robust flavor than white truffle. Drizzle it over red meat. Just like white truffle, it also tastes great drizzled over pasta, risotto, egg dishes, or pizza.
Infused Olive Oils
Extra virgin olive oil is filtered without chemicals or heat to make pure olive oil. This removes any inherent or distinct flavors. Next, herbs, spices, or fruit are steeped in the oil for 6 to 8 weeks to produce olive oils with incredible flavor profiles. Choose from these infused oils:
— Basil: The bright, fresh taste of basil is perfect in salad dressings, as a bread dipper, or on pasta. Pairs well with garlic or lemongrass mint balsamic vinegars.
-- Chipotle: An ideal balance of smoke and heat. Chipotle infused olive oil works well with grilled or smoked meats, as a bread dipper, or added to salsa.
— Garlic: Fragrant and crisp garlic makes this a favorite choice. Pairs with hickory balsamic to make a memorable marinade for poultry and grilled veggies.
— Habanero: This oil is no joke. It’s HOT! Combine with pineapple balsamic for a sweet and sassy marinade.
— Jalapeno: Spicy and flavorful. Tastes great added to salsa or guacamole.
— Rosemary: Full of flavor and aroma. Drizzle on poultry or fish or use in salad dressings. Makes a great bread dipper.
Fused Olive Oils
These oils are a combination of infused and naturally flavored oils. This produces delectable flavors you will love! We offer the following selection:
— Tuscan Herb: Bursting with the flavors of Tuscany! You’ll love this as a bread dipper or drizzled over chicken or pasta.
— Garlic Cilantro: Makes a great accompaniment to Mexican dishes. Drizzle over tacos, fajitas, guacamole, or salsa.
— Garlic Mushroom: An all-time favorite! We love to use it on chicken or grilled veggies. Also goes well with pasta or salad dressings.
— Herbs de Provence: Features the flavors of Provence. Brush on rolls before baking, drizzle over grilled veggies or use in marinades and salad dressings.
Stop by today and taste the difference. We love to help customers discover the delights of high quality, true olive oil.