It's Time for Pumpkin Spice
While standing in line at Starbuck’s this week, I noticed they are already serving Pumpkin Spice Latte’s. The high was in the 90s that day, but I had to admit, it IS September, and that means it is time for Pumpkin Spice everything. At EvilO, we also have pumpkin….it’s our Pumpkin Pie Spice White Balsamic Vinegar. This sweet, ag ed vinegar features the flavors of pumpkin, cinnamon, and nutmeg. It tastes great in sweet potato dishes, drizzled over pork tenderloin or roast turkey, or drizzled over vanilla or coffee ice cream. You can also add a few drops to your hot tea or coffee. Here are a few recipes to get you in the mood for Pumpkin Spice season!
Roasted Butternut Squash with Pumpkin Pie Spice Balsamic Vinegar
1 butternut squash
2 tablespoons Mission EVOO
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Pumpkin Pie Spice White Balsamic Vinegar
1. Heat oven to 400ºF.
2. Peel and dice butternut squash. Throw in a Ziploc bag and toss with Mission EVOO, sea salt, and pepper.
3. Roast for about 30 minutes. After the first 15 minutes, flip over.
4. Remove from oven and drizzle with Pumpkin Pie Spice White Balsamic Vinegar.
Crunchy Pumpkin Pie Spice Roasted Chickpeas
1 (19-ounce) can chickpeas
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon Mission EVOO
2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice White Balsamic Vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 350º.
2. Mix maple syrup, EVOO, vinegar, and salt in a small bowl.
3. Drain and rinse chickpeas, then pat dry with paper towels. Place the chickpeas and syrup mixture in a Ziplock bag. Toss well.
4. Spread out the chickpeas on a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes. Stir every 10 minutes to keep them from sticking.
Pumpkin Pie Martini
(makes 1 martini)
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice White Balsamic Vinegar
1 jigger vanilla vodka
2 tablespoons half and half
1 tablespoon pure pumpkin puree
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1. Place sugar on a small plate. Dip the rim of a chilled martini glass in water, then dip in the sugar.
2. In a martini shaker filled with ice, combine Pumpkin Pie Spice Vinegar, vodka, half and half, pumpkin puree, and maple syrup. Shake vigorously for at least 30 seconds, then strain into the prepared martini glass.
What is your favorite way to use Pumpkin Pie Spice White Balsamic Vinegar??
- Lisa Emmert